AfrYPoD is an international youth-centered organization that creates platforms for networking, collaboration and partnerships among young people and organizations in Africa for sustainable Development. AfrYPoD carries out research and advocacy activities to highlight development gaps, proposes innovative solutions and develops youth-friendly strategies that promote sustainable development.
We are implementing the Generational Advocacy by Youth to End Female Genital Mutilation (GAYEF) project in Ebonyi state and FCT with support from The Girl Generation. The project seeks to empower young people with knowledge and skills to become change agents to end FGM in Nigeria and promote youth-led advocacy for the domestication of the Violence against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) Act 2015 in the project state.
POSITION: Data Entry Clerk (2 openings)
JOB TYPE: Consultancy
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years
The Data entry clerk is expected to carry out data entry from paper questionnaires into a pre-designed SPSS format for the GAYEF Baseline survey conducted in Ebonyi State. They will conduct the work under guidance of the Country representative/Advocacy Advisor and ensure that s/he hands over to AfrYPoD, good quality data that represents what was obtained on the field.
The data entry clerk is expected to complete this assignment within four days.
SCOPE OF WORK FOR THE DATA ENTRY CLERKS
The scope of work for the consultant includes the following:
• Prepare questionnaires for computer data entry by compiling and sorting information
• Study and understand all instructions included in the GAYEF Baseline survey questionnaire.
• Process questionnaires by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or clarifying with data collectors for resolution.
• Ensure each questionnaire is properly and completely entered into SPSS.
• Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data.
• Ensure confidentiality of information provided by the respondent on the questionnaire
• Make a detailed note of how many questionnaires were received, entered into SPSS and void.
• Ensure that questionnaires are properly handled and handed back to the supervisor.
• Contact the Supervisor for guidance and debriefing daily.
• Secure information by completing data base backups.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The key deliverables expected of the consultant are as follows;
▪ A concise report of the his/her data entry process
▪ A filled daily log sheet.
▪ Submission of all the questionnaires.
▪ SPSS file with data from all the valid questionnaires.
• Must have tertiary education (OND, Bachelor’s degree, NCE)
• Previous data entry experience
• Proficient in the use of SPSS
• Available for the job duration
• Previous experience in data entry will be an advantage
NB- This advert is ONLY open for a short period of time and applicants will be considered on first come basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send your CV and cover letter in one document preferably in Microsoft Word or pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include the position and name title in the subject line.
AfrYPoD is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage young women to apply.