The African Youth Initiative on Population, Health and Development (AfrYPoD) is an international youth- focused organization registered in Nigeria recognized by the United Nations. AfrYPoD carries out research based advocacy activities to highlight development gaps, propose innovative solutions and develop youth-centered strategies that promote sustainable development.
AfrYPoD is implementing the Generational Advocacy by Youth to End Female Genital Mutilation in Nigeria (GAYEF) and Youth Advocacy for Sustainable and Equitable Vaccine Access (YASEVA) projects in Nigeria with support from The Girl Generation and the John Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) respectively. AfrYPoD strongly believes that young people are valuable resources to drive sustainable development in Africa.
POSITION: Advocacy Consultant
JOB TYPE: Consultancy
DURATION: 3 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Finance, Organizational development, the Social sciences, or related field; a Masters degree or higher qualification is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in youth development programming, advocacy and stakeholders’ management, preferably at the federal government level.
- Proven ability in influencing decision making within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Proven cultural, social and political sensitivity of working in Nigeria at different levels of government, and the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in computer application, including excel and power point
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be resident in FCT.
Reporting to the Public Health Advisor and the Advocacy Advisor and working closely with other technical officers in the country team, the Advocacy Consultant shall;
- Sensitize relevant policymakers in FCT about the AfrYPoD projects and get their buy-in
- Identify and recommend viable youth-centered and women-led groups for potential partnership or collaboration on the implementation of its advocacy projects
- Identify and recommend secondary schools within the FCT for implementation of the adolescent-centered activities
- Facilitate advocacy visit to key government officials in the National Assembly, the FCT Administration and the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA) of the federal government.
- Create sustainability strategy for a youth-led advocacy for sustainable immunization financing in the state.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Send your CV and Cover letter explaining your suitability for the job in one document/attachment (Microsoft word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must include the position and location in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AfrYPoD is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 17th March 2017