AfrYPoD is an international youth-focused organization that creates platforms for networking, collaboration and partnerships among young people and organizations in Africa for sustainable Development. AfrYPoD carries out research and advocacy activities to highlight development gaps, proposes innovative solutions and develops youth-friendly strategies that promote sustainable development.
We are implementing the Generational Advocacy by Youth to End Female Genital Mutilation (GAYEF) project in Ebonyi state and FCT with support from The Girl Generation. The project seeks to empower young people with knowledge and skills to become change agents to end FGM in Nigeria and promote youth-led advocacy for the domestication of the Violence against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) Act 2015 in the project state.
POSITION: Data Collector (3 openings)
LOCATION: Ebonyi state
JOB TYPE: Consultancy
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years
The Data Collector is expected to carry out the field data collection for the survey in Ebonyi State. S/he will carry out the assignment under guidance and supervision of the Field Supervisor/State Project Consultant and ensure that s/he hands over to AfrYPoD, good quality data that represents what was obtained from the study population.
The Data Collection Consultant is expected to complete this assignment within two working days.
SCOPE OF WORK FOR THE FIELD WORKER
The scope of work for the consultant includes the following:
• Study and understand all instructions included in the GAYEF Baseline survey protocol;
• Locate the assigned classes by the supervisor for the administration of questionnaires.
• Identify eligible respondents, introduce him/herself, administer informed consent/assent form and administer appropriate questionnaires
• Ensure each question is well understood by the respondents
• Ensure each questionnaire is properly completed
• Ensure confidentiality of information provided by the respondent
• Make a detailed note of how many questionnaires were given out and retrieved.
• Make a detailed note of how many questionnaires were completely filled, incomplete or null.
• Edit questionnaires on the spot before handing over to the supervisor on a daily basis.
• Ensure that questionnaires are properly handled and handed back to the supervisor.
Contact the Supervisor for guidance and debriefing on a daily basis
The key deliverables expected of the consultant are as follows;
• A concise field report of the his/her data collection process
• A filled daily log sheet.
• Submission of all the retrieved questionnaires.
• Confirmation in an email from the Supervisor that all the retrieved questionnaires have been received and required numbers achieved.
• Must have tertiary education (OND, Bachelor’s degree, NCE)
• Basic understanding of technology such as handheld tablets.
• Able to speak English and the local languages fluently
• Previous research experience will be an advantage
• Willingness to travel
• Available for the whole period of the survey
NB- This advert is ONLY open for a short period of time and applicants will be considered on first come basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send your CV and cover letter in one document preferably in Microsoft Word or pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include the position and name title in the subject line.
AfrYPoD is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage young women to apply.