The African Youth Initiative on Population, Health and Development (AfrYPoD) is an international youth- focused organization registered in Nigeria recognized by the United Nations. AfrYPoD carries out research based advocacy activities to highlight development gaps, propose innovative solutions and develop youth-centered strategies that promote sustainable development.
Currently, AfrYPoD is implementing the Youth Advocacy for Sustainable and Equitable Vaccine Access (YASEVA) Project in Nigeria. Co-funded with a grant from the John Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC), the project seeks to raise a strong team of youth advocates, who will influence appropriation of adequate financial resources in the annual budgets of the federal and state towards ensuring uninterrupted and equitable access to immunization services in Nigeria. AfrYPoD strongly believes that young people are valuable resources to drive sustainable development in Africa
POSITION: State Project Consultants
JOB TYPE: Consultancy
DURATION: 3 Months
LOCATIONS: Enugu and Ondo States
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Finance, Organizational development, the Social sciences, or related field; a Masters degree or higher qualification is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in youth development programming, advocacy and stakeholders’ management, preferably with state government leadership.
- Proven ability in influencing decision making at the state level.
- Proven cultural, social and political sensitivity of working in Nigeria at different levels of government, and the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in computer application, including excel and power point
- Must be resident in the state of assignment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Reporting to the Public Health Advisor and working closely with other technical officers in the country team, the State Project Consultant shall;
- Sensitize relevant policymakers in the state about the project and get their buy-in
- Identify and recommend viable youth-centered groups for potential partnership or collaboration on the project implementation.
- Constitute and mobilize a group of passionate young advocates for sustainable and equitable vaccine access
- Facilitate advocacy visit to key policymakers in the state executive and legislature.
- Create sustainability strategy for a youth-led advocacy for sustainable immunization financing in the state.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Send your CV and Cover letter explaining your suitability for the job in one document/attachment (Microsoft word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must include the position and location in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AfrYPoD is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 17th March 2017